Moderate progress made this week on the goals. I hope to make some serious progress this weekend when I’m spending time with a bunch of writers. Uninterrupted time to write and discuss all things of a literary nature for an entire weekend?
Ah! It’s my favorite kind of getaway.
We’re also going to be celebrating because one of our own just received a book deal on a much-beloved and much-anticipated manuscript. (I’m so excited for you, Gwen!) I can’t wait to own a copy. I’ll tell you all more about her story when it’s closer to publication time.
I’m really looking forward to this weekend!
Here are my #writemotivation goals for June:
1. Submit Museum Crashers (MG mystery) to editor who requested the full. I swear I’m almost ready. Next week is the final deadline!
2. Submit Institutionalized (YA contemporary) to five more literary agents. DONE!
3. Work on first draft of Pretty Vacant (YA contemporary). No progress on this one.
4. Read at least five books – review one on the blog. I’m more than halfway done with Okay for Now by Gary Schmidt. I looooved The Wednesday Wars and this is the companion to it – so perfectly everything I want in a middle grade.
5. Work on outlining new blog project idea. DONE!
6. Exercise 3 times each week. Done and DONE!!! I may actually be getting used to this.
7. Finish critique of friend’s manuscript. Still no progress on this one – must at least get through a few chapters next week or hang my head in shame.
Kind of hit and miss, but I love that I have at least some goals completed. Feels good! How are all of you doing with your goals?
Quote of the day:
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
- Douglas Adams
Kind of how I’m feeling right now…whoosh!